Wednesday, March 21, 2012

{ a day with the girls } Aaliyah's Birthday Party

This past Sunday, the 18th of March, my oldest daughter, Aaliyah, turned 12 which I'm stilling trying to grasp onto.  The day before, we had her birthday party at our house, and I'm so blessed to be sitting here today, because it really did cross my mind that I just might not survive the day - but we had a blast, and every single one of her friends are absolutely fabulous & sweet!

We've had so much going on in our lives the past month or so that all of a sudden it was the Tuesday before her birthday and not only had I not started birthday shopping for her I hadn't started to even THINK about a birthday party and now I was going to have to throw all of this together in just 4 days!  Knowing that Aaliyah is pretty darn girly, I knew that all of her friends had to be pretty close to the same way so I decided to totally take advantage of all that girlyness (this word is not in the dictionary) and do girly things.  So I threw out the whole spa day idea to Aaliyah and she approved (yay!) and then we decided to twist it a little and have them come in their pj's (why not add relaxation to relaxation??) & then we also decided to let them get all goofy at the end for the camera.

First, the 30-minute invite:



Party day!  Had to bust out the Spring & Easter decorations!

And just who doesn't LOVE chocolate-dipped strawberries, popcorn,
cheesepuffs & lots of goodies?



FACIALS!

FOOT MASSAGES & MINI PEDIS!

 SOAK THOSE PIGGIES! (On the right is Aaliyah applying their make-up)

We were having cucumber issues, they weren't wanting to stay on the eyelids, so we cut 'em in half and put 'em below the eyes!

Chevee in awe. She had lots of fun watching & getting passed around from girl to girl, but even she got worn out!


Next was our photo shoot, and let me tell ya - these group of girls are just plain crazy, cute, fun, & wild!  I've posted the pictures on my Facebook page - CLICK HERE to see all the fun we had & to look at these gorgeous girls!

Time for cake!  Hope she wished for something good!


The Baldwin home was definitely no 5-star spa, but I think the party was a success!  The birthday girl helped do all the work & pampered her friends, so the next day she got to relax and soak her feet, get her hands & feet massaged & have her very own facial.  It's so hard being a girl and it never does get easier, so why not just have fun being one and make the very best of it!

Last but not least, group pic of the party girls being a bunch of Charlie's Angels!


No comments:

Post a Comment